Friday, April 27, 2012

Healthy Pizza




Hey Everyone!
Today I want to share a recipe that I have been making for "The Man" since we started our healthy lifestyle.  He is a huge pizza fan so I knew it was important to find something that he would truly enjoy and not feel as guilty if he had 3-4 slices. ;)  Thanks to Ashley I have made this pizza with a few different ingredients to make it our own. And for under 95 calories a slice!!! It's a win in our family.


The List

1 Pillsbury Thin Pizza Crust
3/4 cup Pizza sauce
1 2/3 Cup mozzarella cheese
2/3 cup Turkey Sausage
17 Turkey Pepperonis
1 Cup sliced Mushrooms
1/2 Cup chopped Onions 
1 Can of Sliced Olives

Preheat your oven to 400 Degrees


You want to roll out the dough on a pizza sheet or pizza stone and bake first for 5 minutes.





Once you bake it for 5 minutes then put the 3/4 cup of sauce on the pizza.  This ended up being half of the jar of the pizza sauce that we use.  Make sure to not over kill the sauce.  or your pizza wont cook right.





I like to cut my pizza into 16 slices because I always seem to eat less if the slices are smaller.  For instants if I eat 3 slices its like having 1 and a half slices of pizza then 3 big slices.



My family really enjoys this pizza and I can honestly say it's the best pizza I have ever tasted (besides wood stove pizza). The total calorie count for the pizza is 1,460 calories, which comes to around 91 calories per slice! 

Bon Appétit



Until next time keep creating, living, and obsessing.
Linking Parties

One Artsy Mama
Craft & Tell        











2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious... who knew pizza could have so few calories. I know my husband would love it if I made it for him. Thanks for sharing at Lines Across.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing, I want a slice. Pizza is my weakness, I could have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

    xo, Megan

    indie flower

    ReplyDelete

 
09 10